All information is provided on the basis that it will be used in accordance with these fundamental aims and permission will not be given to use the data for other purposes.
Access to and use of this website (the "Website") is provided by the Spider Recording Scheme and the British Arachnological Society (the "Society") subject to the following terms and disclaimers and by using this service you are bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms then please do not access or use this service.
- You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site.
- The Website may contain material, views and opinions that are not representative of the Society, its Officers or Members.
- Information, pictures and data used on this site are copyrighted by the Spider Recording Scheme/British Arachnological Society and/or other copyright owner and may only be used for private non-commercial purposes and with full acknowledgment to the Spider Recording Scheme/British Arachnological Society and the author or other copyright owner. Acknowledgment should be given in the following way: Spider Recording Scheme/British Arachnological Society (2023) Website and on-line database facility. Images should be referenced with their permalink information.
- For non-private and commercial use of any information, pictures and data used on this site please contact us or the copyright owner. Please note that if you use content for general research, even if not for any specific purpose, and you or your organisation generates income, that counts as commercial use. Access to record data for commercial purposes should be through Local Record Centres or the societies which support County Recorders.
- You agree that all content is provided on an "as is" basis and that the Website is intended for general use without any specific purpose. You accept that this Website is not guaranteed to be free of errors and may not be available uninterrupted at all times. Under no circumstances will the Society be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses are foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any other loss indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Site regardless of the form of action.
- When you submit contributions you warrant that:
- (a) they are your own work or your have the right to make this contribution available,
- (b) they are not defamatory and do not infringe any law, and that
- (c) you indemnify the Society against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Society as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
- The Society reserves the right to remove or edit any material considered inappropriate.
- You accept that all off-site links are beyond the control of the Society. These are clearly marked with an offsite link indicator so you are aware that you are being taken away from this Website.
- If you are a registered user of this Website, you agree that the Society may send you Notices from time to time about Society or Website matters by way of your registered email address, unless you inform us that you do not want to receive any email communications.
- The Society may change these Terms from time to time without prior notice. Please review these Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the Society. You will be notified about any major changes by way of your given email address or by placing a prominent notice on this Site.
- These Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England. If any of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
If you have any questions about these Terms please contact us.
Published April 2010 by the Spider Recording Scheme/British Arachnological Society.